Open LifeinControl App
OPEN

I am a type 2 diabetic on glycomet500 od. I get a lot of constipation and fatigue. What do I do?

/assets/user.png

Shachi says

People with diabetes, have to deal with many complications. Some of these complications can be easily managed or avoided by controlling blood sugar levels. Constipation is more common in people with diabetes. According to the study, poor blood sugar control over a long period of time increased the likelihood and frequency of constipation. Natural solutions for constipation relief involve changes in your eating, diet, nutrition and physical activity· -Drink liquids throughout the day including double toned milk, buttermilk, lemon water, light tea/coffee, green tea, coconut water, soup. Avoid taking sugar in them. -Eat more fruits and vegetables​. Include at least 1-2 servings of fruits in your daily diet along with the good serving of whole vegetables in the form of salad, always start your meals with a big bowl of salad· -Eat more fiber. These include whole fruits and vegetables, oats, whole cereals, flaxseeds etc.· -Exercise. Try to get some physical activity every day to stay regular. To help prevent and relieve constipation, make exercise a regular part of your routine. Aim for 30 minutes of aerobic exercise per day, at least five days a week. Diabetes can directly cause fatigue with high or low blood sugar levels. High blood glucose makes your blood sludgy due to slow circulation which results in the cells not getting the oxygen and nutrients they need.Low sugars levels also cause fatigue. Lifstyle changes you should look at are: Stop smoking and alcoholism Start yoga, meditation, and physical exercises· Maintain a healthy weight · Reduce stress· Take proper sleep.

really innovative answers here